A tour includes a series of appearances with blogs, website interviews, reviews or guest posts etc that are posted on various sites during a specific amount of time. Various site owners host you and may ask interview questions about your book or request that you write a piece about a specific part or element of your book.
Benefits of a Blog
Why would you do a virtual tour? Is it all about book sales? Selling books is only one of the reasons I encourage people to do virtual tours. The following reasons apply to fiction and non-fiction authors – however, some can be utilized more thoroughly by non-fiction and business authors.
• Build credibility
• Increase visibility
• Generate a buzz about your book
• Reach your target audience
• Get information to many people in a short period of time
• Generate additional links back to your site
• Let readers and potential readers learn more about you and your books
• Help blog readers get to know the person behind the book or other product
• Search engines love blogs and you get into search engines immediately
• Gives your target audience the opportunity to communicate with you
• Comments can give you the chance to see what people think about your topics
You can organize a tour for yourself or you can hire a professional. But, ask what the professional can do for you. There are many ways to describe a virtual tour and be sure the other person explains what they plan to do – and more importantly, that they plan the best approach for you and your book. When a professional coordinates your tour it lets you benefit from their promotional network to generate a much larger reach for you.
Nikki Leigh is an award winning fiction and non-fiction author with over sixteen years of promotional experience. Promo 101 Promotional Services offers online promotional options. Her new book will be available in May- Book Promo 201: Harness the Power of the Internet with Web 2.0 and Social Media Marketing. The most up to date information is posted at www.twitter.com/litekepr. Visit www.nikkileigh.com to download The Insider's Guide to Virtual Book Tours. Additional promotional information can be found at http://promo101articles.blogspot.com.
To be notified when Book Promo 201 is available - send Nikki your address --