SPECIAL NOTICE - THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED

The latest posts and all old posts from this blog have been moved -- http://promo101tips.wordpress.com Please visit us there for the most up to date promotional ideas, tips and articles.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nadene Carter of NorLights Press Shares Her Comments About Book Promo 201

I’m so excited about this book! When Nikki first introduced me to her Web 2.0 marketing ideas, it felt like learning a new language. Nikki assured me, a better analogy was that of learning a new dialect. This has proven to be true.

Nikki has years of marketing experience, which makes her ideally suited as author of this book. She provides lots of ideas and hands-on information. This allows the reader to pick and choose those ideas that feel right for the marketing of his/her book.

Some of the things I found especially helpful for me: I’d come to a point in my professional life where I knew I needed to step out of my comfort zone. Using Nikki’s information on social networking, I opened a facebook account and started reading other people’s posts: authors, readers’ groups, and people from many walks of life, and networking with other people. By actually doing the work, I gained an understanding of how useful social networking can be.

Also, some time ago I started a blog for each of my three published books. Now that I’m co-owner of NorLightsPress.com I recognized that I needed to create a blog for our company and make it a priority to post often and provide useful information.

That required me to step WAY out of my comfort zone to learn about twitter and other social bookmarking sites. Nikki goes into this in great detail in her book. I hope readers find it as fascinating as I do. It’s true what Nikki says about learning by simply jumping in and doing it. Experience really is the best teacher with this new technology.

If you’ve ever wondered how the pros create “buzz” for their books, you’ll find the answers inside the pages of this book.

Nadene R. Carter, published author and

Executive Publisher - NorLightsPress.com

For more information about Book Promo 201 Harness the Power of the Internet with Web 2.0 and Social Media Marketing - http://www.nikkileigh.com/book_promo_201.htm you can also register to be notified when it is available.


No comments:

Post a Comment